DXpedition to Botswana
|April 6th - April 20th 2005|
Click here for
There are only a couple of licences and activity is very low.
About getting a licence look left hand.
Africa - Botswana
left hand in menue "Pictures"
|Callsigns||A25/DL7CM and A25/DM2AYO (for guests only reciprocal callsigns)|
|Date of operation||Apr. 06th - Apr. 20th, 2005|
|QTH||Hotel in Maun Locator: KH10RA|
|Operators||2 op's: Hans - DL7CM, Sid - DM2AYO,|
|Bands and modes||160 mtrs to 6 mtrs, CW, SSB, RTTY, PSK, / focus: lowband, RTTY|
|Equipment||2 stns with 2 amp, ant: for lowbands: GP (27mtrs); for high bands: 2-el 5-band beam and GP, 4 el for 6mtrs|
|Sun||Sun rise: 06:34 CAT Sun set: 18:23 CAT CAT (local time) = GMT + 2h|
|QSL||via home calls|
|QSL - Info: DL7CM
Hartmannsdorfer Chaussee 3
|QSL - Info: DM2AYO
Any Donations welcome
Each greenstamp / eustamp will help
1. I answer all QSL's on same way I get in.
2. I prefer direct, but a smakker for enough value A letter outside of Europe costs 1,70 Euro. That means 2 green stamps!! Thank you.
Do not use stamped envelopes (SASE) or IBRS. Pse only SAE. ( f.i. 1 IRC plus 1 green stamp will help to cover a little part of the costs)
3. ... and don't forget to search your log for my home callsign too.
4. I don't need 15 qsl's for 15 qso's. Use a simple printed paper for all and save your qsl's.
Logsearch and statistic
Why did you hear us in a low signal strength sometimes?
1. We are in a minimum of sunspots
2. We caught extremly bad propagation during our time
3. It's real DX with more than 8000 km distance for NA, EU and AS. There is nobody in front of the door, not like dxpeditions to Caribik (with USA) or North Africa (with EU). 5Z4DZ and 9G5 are on the half way. We heard them working EU, but didn't hear this EU by ourself
4. The way to EU goes only via land (bad reflexion). There is not any spreankle of salt water like with an island operation
5. Openings to the north for about one hour each band one after another, so that it was rather impossible to work with 2 stations at the same time or the sec. stn was extremly light with you (there in the north, not in the south, but who is there)
6. Both PA's were broken. We found the mistake and could repair one with the result of a frequency depended power output: max 500w on 17mtrs, but on the top (160/10) bands 100w only.
Thanks to our sponsors: click the sponsor to go there ...We need you really. It has been an expensive dxpedition:
|Special thanks for help:
- DL2OE (Mike)
- N6RT (Doug)
- K2WR (Rich)
| ... any of this blancs
could be yours
... and of course thanks to everybody he did work us...