Con ZL2AFP has written a vast array of intriguing software for the Windows PC, including operating modes such as DominoEX and three NBTV modes. He has also a range of useful tools, especially for sound card applications.
Murray ZL1BPU writes embedded code for AVR family high speed processors, and also DOS PC software. He specializes in applications where the embedded processor and the PC work together, such as in computer controlled signal generators and exciters, frequency counters with PC display, rotator controllers, and GPS disciplined references.
This is the only place on the web where you will find all this software together. In this section you see a complete summary of what is available, plus links to pages relating to programs which merit more explanation. The combined software - firmware AVR Micro Projects have their own special page.
The list below is in alphabetical order. Where there's no other documentation or web page, use the notes included in the list.
- AVR Micro projects - ZL1BPU
- A range of Amateur-Radio related projects based on inexpensive micros. Many of these projects have combined firmware and PC software for computer control.
AVR Micro Projects - details
- Clicklock - ZL2AFP
- Clicklock is an amazingly sensitive system for LF reception. It uses GPS locking and allows synchronous reception of very weak but highly stable signals on LF and MF. The software is able to integrate carrier phase and power over long periods, and the sensitivity is only limited by system stability.
- Clicklock2.zip - includes PDF manual
- Clicklock3.zip - latest version
- CMSK for LF and MF - ZL2AFP
- MSK is widely used for commercial and military communications on MF, LF and VLF. There's no reason why Amateurs should not also enjoy this interesting mode. This software is a fully-fledged QSO (chat-mode) example of MSK's capability. The software is especially designed for QSOs on Amateur LF and MF bands. No, it won't decrypt those military transmissions!
- CMSK Introduction and software
- DominoEX - ZL2AFP
- The most recent version of ZL2AFP's DominoEX chat program for the lower HF bands. DominoEX is fast and very robust. This version includes an automatic FEC option, and a range of useful metrics which are not seen in other programs.
- DominoEXFEC 2.0d.zip
- Generators - ZL2AFP
- Two sound card signal generator programs, for general purpose use or as carrier sources for transmission. 'Generator' is a straight sine wave generator with 0.1Hz steps and 0.1dB level steps. 'Generator_cwid' is similar, but includes the ability to send a Morse ID using FSK, at any speed, shift and interval you like. This second program works well as a QRSS source, or as a standard frequency transmission with a transmitter locked to a traceable reference. Read and edit the contents of the included '.set' file. There's no help file or documentation, but you'll soon work it out.
- Generator.zip includes both programs
- GPS Nixie Clock - ZL2AFP
- This is a PC screen clock - looks like an old HP instrument with Nixie display, very realistic! It can be controlled by PC time or GPS NMEA time via a serial port. Edit 'GPS_clock.set' to set the com port, and right-click on the application screen to set the options.
- Ruby - ZL1BPU
- Two programs designed to control the Frequency Electronics FE-5650A and FE-5680A Rubidium Synthesizers. Correctly modified, these will operate from 1kHz to 15MHz in 0.01Hz steps, with Rubidium stability. RUBY4 is a simple frequency controller, while RUBYP2 adds a smart beacon controller for QRSS operation on LF and HF.
- Introduction to FEI units and software
- RUBY.zip controller software
- Project TF.5 RUBYP2 ordering information
- MSK-Hell for LF and MF - ZL2AFP
- MSK is widely used for commercial and military communications on MF, LF and VLF. One of the first uses of Hellschreiber technology by radio was in the 1930s, also on LF. ZL2AFP has combined these notions to provide a very useful keyboard communications system for LF and MF Amateur bands. The sensitivity is very good, and tuning is easy.
- MSK-Hell Introduction and software
- NBTV - ZL2AFP
- Narrow Band TV offers a way to transmit full-colour moving pictures on HF with a conventional SSB transmitter. There's a complete and comprehensive section all about the three modes of frame sequential NBTV developed by Con ZL2AFP. The software's all there! See the introduction first of all.
- Analog OFDM NBTV
- Digital NBTV
- Hybrid FM NBTV
- Sounder - ZL2AFP
- Sounder is a sophisticated ionospheric ranging system able to measure the delay over ionospheric paths, using pseudo-random number (PN) techniques. It has high sensitivity, is quite robust, with a delay measurement range of 13ms and resolution of 500us.
- Sounder software
- Sounder Help files
- Tools - ZL1BPU & ZL2AFP
- Here we have a collection of software for a range of different auxiliary purposes. There is software for:
- Controlling MEPT transmitters
- Sound file transmitters and controller (both Windows and Android)
- Providing PTT control for programs which don't support the COM port method
- Hardware VOX-operated PTT for devices with no serial port
See the Tools Page for more information.
Copyright © Con Wassilieff and Murray Greenman 2004-2009. All rights reserved.