IRLP NODE TO NODE OPERATING PROCEDURES
To connect to remote Node:
NOTE: To obtain connection and disconnection codes consult with your local node owner.
- Key mic
"This is (call sign of operator), connecting to (Node name)(Node call sign)."
- While keying mic, press in quickly remote Node ID connection four digit code.
- Unkey mic & WAIT 10 seconds until Network Message indicates connection to remote Node.
- If the Network Message is not heard try again.
- WAIT & LISTEN 10 seconds after remote Node identifies to prevent user interfence.
"This is (call sign of operator) calling from (QTH of operator).
Is there anyone on frequency who would like to have a brief QSO?"
- Remember to key mic, pausing 2 to 3 seconds before EACH transmission to allow for
delays in the system. Call again if no one answers.
To disconnect from remote Node:
"This is (call sign of operator) disconnecting from (Node name)(Node call sign)."
- Keep mic keyed while quickly pressing in the remote Node ID disconnection two digit code.
Then unkey mic and WAIT to hear the Network disconnection message.
Occasionally, you will not hear the Network Message indicate you are disconnected from the
remote Node. If this happens, the local Node automatically will disconnect in approximately
3 to 5 minutes, providing there is no local audio transmitted during that period.
If in QSO, identify every 5 minutes when appropriate.
Pause to allow local hams to break in and make a quick call or join the QSO in progress.
Back to Top
2003 - 2015