RE: [SI-LIST] : searching for Toshiba models

From: Beal, Weston ([email protected])
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 11:17:37 PST

Ken,

You have now stated twice that Mentor does not have a lab to measure parts
in order to create IBIS files. How do you figure that? I was in that lab
just a couple of weeks ago. If you want me to, I could run downstairs to
verify that it's still there with people working in it. Mentor Graphics has
a lab to measure the characteristic of actual ICs to create IBIS files and
we also have a dedicated group to make IBIS files from SPICE models. The
other important ingredient, as Scott McMorrow pointed out, is the expertise
to use (or create) software tools to create and verify quality IBIS models.
Just because someone can get s2ibis2 to run doesn't mean they have a good
IBIS file. Check the web and you'll see what I mean. You can also get a
free Java compiler on the web. That doesn't make us all programmers.

Regards,
Weston