Re: [SI-LIST] : Signal integrity tool from cadence

From: Carlos Moll ([email protected])
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 06:28:18 PDT

Hello Selva:

Some information and answers below denoted by ##.

Regards,

Carlos Moll
Cadence

At 10:46 AM 10/9/00 +0530, selvaraj subramanian wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Just I want to know these informations..
>
>What is the difference between the SpecctraQuest and the Signoise from the cadence tool chain?
##
Above bundled into one product, SpecctraQuest. Here is a bit of info (give and take)....

SigNoise- Cadence simulation environment/engine, including simulation engine (Tlsim-lossless/lossy tlines), batch analysis, reports, waveform viewing/measurements, and more.
SpecctraQuest- Signal Integrity analysis/verification tool housing the SigNoise Simulation environment + other tools.. floor planner, topology exploration (sigXP), constraints (Constraint Manager), routing (Specctra), waveform viewing/measurements, viewing, timing (not static), and more.

>Which one will be used for signal integrity analysis?
##
Transparent to user, but SigNoise Engine- Tlsim. Options to use the same engine depends on whether the simulation is done from UI (within SpecctraQuest) or batch.

>Which of these tools will be similar to that of Viewlogic's XTK?
##
XTK stands fro Xtalk Tool Kit (composed of XNS (lossless/lossy transmission lines), TLC (lossless tlines)
, XFX (Xtalk field extraction) viewer, translators, etc.

Therefore, I would say that SigNoise, since SpecctraQuest involves other sub components as mentioned above.