RE: [SI-LIST] : Schematic tools for generating HSPICE file

From: Degerstrom, Michael J. ([email protected])
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 19:42:33 PDT

Perry,

We use Viewlogic to draw our schematics. One thing that
I did not see mentioned is what platform your HSPICE runs
on. Both our Viewlogic and HSPICE runs on HP (UNIX) workstations.

Your topic was brought up about 1-2 years ago. Back then
I think I also mentioned that a free tool called 'SPICECAD'
was designed specifically for spice or spice-like circuit
schematics. SPICECAD runs on SUN and PC-linux. SPICECAD
doesn't have all the bells and whistles and I found it to
crash often until you get better experience with the tool.
But I think SPICECAD was, in many respects, better designed
to incorporate very powerful features for the experienced
users.

Mike

Mike Degerstrom Email: [email protected]
Mayo Clinic
200 1st Street SW
Gugg. Bldg. RM 1042A Phone: (507) 284-3292
Rochester, MN 55905 FAX: (507) 284-9171
WWW: http://www.mayo.edu/sppdg/sppdg_home_page.html