RE: [SI-LIST] : Ferrites on power leads

From: Chan, Michael ([email protected])
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 12:28:53 PDT

Let clarify where the noise orignate from. If the noise is generated out
from the IC ( through the package inductance ), then will a well desinged
power distribution
system ( assume on the PCB board ) ( planes < 5mil separation, etc ) help
and do we still need a ferrite ? If the package inductance is so low that
there is minimum amount of noise generate out from there, will we need a
ferrite or planes with less than 5 mil separation?

Regards,
Michael Chan