[SI-LIST] : Signal Integrity Engineer position open

From: Kim Flint ([email protected])
Date: Fri Nov 05 1999 - 20:12:30 PST

Please excuse this commercial interlude....

ATI has a position open for a Signal Integrity Engineer at our Santa Clara,
CA R&D center. We focus on SOC based products for the PC and consumer
electronic markets at this division, and have some exciting things in the
works. I've been doing much of the SI work so far, and find it a fascinating
challenge to mix the demands of high-performance IC's with low-cost,
high-volume system design. If you think this might interest you, please feel
free to contact me (privately!) at [email protected] or 408-845-6383. (Or you
can try Bill Clark at [email protected] or 408-845-6318.)

Here is our job description:

Signal Integrity Engineer

Responsibilities:
Be responsible for signal integrity analysis, simulation, and design for
high performance systems based on complex SOC devices. Work closely with
VLSI, Package, and Board designers to ensure high quality signal integrity
for our systems and chips.

Responsibilities include:
- Board and package level transmission line analysis, pre and post route
- IC package 2d/3d modeling and simulation, pinout and padout analysis
- SSO, Ground Bounce analysis
- Specification of I/O buffer requirements
- IBIS model generation and verification
- Power system analysis for planes, decoupling, package substrate,
   regulator performance, power/ground pin count
- Provide delay data for timing calculations
- EMI, ESD analysis
- Lab charaterization of IC and system designs

Requirements:
MSEE or BSEE with equivalent industry experience. Minimum 6 years experience
in high-performance signal integrity engineering. Thorough understanding of
high-speed board, package, and I/O buffer design. Extensive experience with
2d/3d field solvers and transmission line simulators, such as Ansoft, XTK,
and Spice. Experience with Lab techniques for electrical characterization.

Desirable Experience:
Familiarity with design needs of PC devices and low-cost consumer products.
PhD or strong mathematics background a plus.

thanks,
kim
Kim Flint 408-845-6383
Manager, System Engineering [email protected]
ATI Research, Inc. http://www.ati.com