Re: [SI-LIST] : LVDS SSO Analysis Question.

From: David Haedge ([email protected])
Date: Fri Nov 05 1999 - 11:44:35 PST

.

Christian/D. C.,

The currents are current *increases* causing voltage drops on the core
voltage.
The currents appear to be of a 'crowbar' nature in the predriver, i.e.
the VDD
spikes come right through to the VSS node with little or no distortion.
This
does lend itself to pairing VDD and VSS nodes and creating as high a
mutual
term as possible to cancel out the self inductances, thereby minimizing
core
voltage droop and groundbounce. My first cut at this was just using an
estimate of the self inductance of the bondwires for VDD and VSS. I'll
add the mutual term and see what happens.

Thanks,

David Haedge
Raytheon

P.S. It is interesing to get all of those "Out of Office" replies from
the
various members of the list. You can learn a few things.