Re: [SI-LIST] : Effect of low Zo for unterminated lines

Fred Balistreri ([email protected])
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 14:56:08 -0700

Dave, your information below does not seem right. Assuming a dielectric
constant of 4.1 your microstrip case seems to run a bit on the low side.
I calculate about 22.5 using a field solver. Michael's results are right
on. I don't know if we're using the same field solver. In the case of
Michael he extracted a stripline structure whoose attributes can be
quite different than a microstrip. So the difference in width is not
that surprising although as mentioned I think your description is a bit
off.

Best Regards,

Dave Hoover wrote:

> All the PCB's I've built using 29 Ohms (GTL and Ram something)
> was .018" lines .003" above a plane (microstrip).
>
> ??????? .006" was using a high Er' dielectric??????
>
> Dave

Fred Balistreri
[email protected]

http://www.apsimtech.com