RE: [SI-LIST] : RE: [SI-LIST] : AMPredictor. Signal Integrity Ana

Kowal, Keith (kowal@cabletron.com)
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 08:33:52 -0500

Thanks for the info - probably some other SI company should buy the =
software
- it's a=20
Good tool and could be integrated into a system design easily...it's =
too bad

Keith

<<...>>=20

* Outside 978-684-1574
* Internet: Kowal@ctron.com <mailto:Keith.Kowal@digital.com> =20
* Fax: 978-684-1334

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry McMillan [SMTP:mcmillan@dt.wdc.com]
Sent: Monday, March 15, 1999 5:04 PM
To: Kowal, Keith
Cc: 'kzhang@smartm.com'; si-list@silab.eng.sun.com
Subject: Re: [SI-LIST] : RE: [SI-LIST] : AMPredictor. Signal
Integrity Analyzer (SIA)

Some breaking news on AMPredictor:

I was notified by my contact at AMP that they have decided to get
out of
the analysis tools business and so they are discontinuing the
AMPredictor product. Presumably this would mean that their support
for
existing customers of AMPredictor would also cease at some point as
well.

Larry McMillan
Team Leader, Physical Interface Group
Western Digital Corporation

Kowal, Keith wrote:
>=20
> There are pros and cons to both / I personally find Hyperlynx as a
> More universal tool ! Amp developed there 'product' to sell
there
> Connectors. Amp has great connector libs but are not universal
> To use in spice / but they do model xtalk in connectors better and
> Attempt to do system design prior to layout in a more straight
forward
> Manner than hyperlynx ( but you could do the same in hyperlynx but
> It might take you a bit longer). Hyperlynx does pre and post
layout
> Simulation for both signal integrity and EMC. As far as I know
AMP
> Does not have a EMC component nor to they simulate the actual
board,
> (post layout)...I have used Hyperlynx for over two years with
great
> success / my favorite line is ' what you see is what you get ' and
what
> I mean by that is when I simulate using hyperlynx and go to the
lab
> And put the scope on the signal - I can almost guarantee the scope
> Picture is very close to the simulation result. (good lab
technique must
> Be observed....that's a given)... Also get the march issue of
> PCB design / I describe In my article hyperlynx in better
detail...I suggest
> Get a demo version of both and make up your mind concerning the
> Tool to buy based on your needs... both are great tools in there
own
> Way! Good luck / any question contact me via direct email.
>=20
> Keith
>=20
> * Outside 978-684-1574
> * Internet: Kowal@ctron.com <mailto:Keith.Kowal@digital.com>
> * Fax: 978-684-1334
>=20
Analyzer
> (SIA)
>=20
> Hi, all.
>=20
> I just heard this tool today. Any comments, especially
comparing to
> Hyperlynx?
> Detail information about the software can be found at
> http://www.amp.com/ampredictor/SIA_index.html
>=20
> Best regards,
>=20