Re: [SI-LIST] : MECL System Design Handbook

From: David Instone ([email protected])
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 01:00:47 PDT

Just a thought, but were the rightangle bends also 'sharp' on the
outside? Normal pcb plotters plot traces with a round mask of dia=trace
width. Thus a 'rightangle' corner is normally square on the inside but
radiused on the outside, r=1/2 width, That outside radius might just
approximate to a mitre.

--
Regards

Dave Instone. Compliance Engineer Storage Systems Development, MP24/22 Xyratex, Langstone Rd., Havant, Hampshire, P09 1SA, UK. Tel: +44 (0)23-92-496862 (direct line) Fax: +44 (0)23-92-496014 http://www.xyratex.com Tel: +44 (0)23-92-496000

Ritchey Lee wrote: > > Any of you who want to know how the myth about right angle bends got started, look > at figure 7.17 on page 155. This alleges that right angle bends can be seen by a > TDR. I've done this measurement dozens of times and coiuld never see a right > angle bend. > > A few years ago, I called Mr. Blood the author of the book and asked about the > diagram. His reply was that he knew the diagram was flawed, but there wasn't time > to fix it before the book went to press. > > As a result, thousands of engineers have spend countless time worrying about right > angle bends. > > When we publish technical information such as this, it is important to insure it > is accurate. > This applies especially to applications notes, whic often contain entirely false > data. > > Lee