Re: [SI-LIST] : MECL System Design Handbook

From: Ritchey Lee ([email protected])
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 08:36:36 PDT

Any of you who want to know how the myth about right angle bends got started, look
at figure 7.17 on page 155. This alleges that right angle bends can be seen by a
TDR. I've done this measurement dozens of times and coiuld never see a right
angle bend.

A few years ago, I called Mr. Blood the author of the book and asked about the
diagram. His reply was that he knew the diagram was flawed, but there wasn't time
to fix it before the book went to press.

As a result, thousands of engineers have spend countless time worrying about right
angle bends.

When we publish technical information such as this, it is important to insure it
is accurate.
This applies especially to applications notes, whic often contain entirely false
data.

Lee