District Governor 324-A1
1999 - 2000
A jeweller by profession, manages his family business of LKS Gold House. Syed Ahamed, Chairman of LKS Gold House, is in the line of third generation in gold jewellery retailing. Groomed in his family's bullion trade right from childhood, Syed Ahamed has inherited the tenacity of purpose from his grand fathers L K Lebbai Thambi and L K Sheikh Mohammed and five others who started it all. This septet group spread their jewellery trade from Tiruchi to Jaffna, Sri Lanka and did roaring business from there to the whole of Asia.
Gold entrepreneurship runs deep in their veins. The family from Kayalpattinam, a coastal town in Tuticorin, which first set up shop in Tiruchi in the early 20th century and later migrated to Chennai, has been in the forefront of jewellery retail business for decades.
LKS Gold House for long has been a common name in the yellow metal trade.
Syed Ahamed's philanthropic deeds include setting up of a school and a hospital at Kayalpattinam, his native village, besides being involved in several social outreach programmes in Chennai.
He joined Lions club of Marina Beach in 1978. As District Chairman, Campaign Sight First, he excelled himself and has left an inedible mark. His name finds a pride of place on the Campaign Sight First wall at the Lions Clubs International Headquarters in USA. As District Chairman, Convention, he pioneered successfully the unique concept of monthly meets at the District level. During his tenure as the District Chairman - Membership Development and Retention the District saw a record addition of 1000 members into the movement.
His great qualities of friendly and amicable nature have earned for him numerous friends in Lionism and outside. He is a 7 Diamond Progressive Melvin Jones Fellow. Cool, Calm and Dynamic Lion. Syed Ahamed is married to Asiya Katheeja and the couple has two sons namely, Sulaiman and Sarfaraz.
L - LEADERSHIP |
K - KINDNESS
S - SERVICE
LIONS CLUB OF MADRAS MARINA BEACH
A Congregation of great Philanthropic Persons
A club with Distinction and Rich Tradition
A service minded club.
A club of 20 years standing (Inaugurated in 1977).
An ever smiling & honest person
Calm & cool and not perturbed by any external influence.
A generous and philanthraphic personality.
A person who never says 'No'.
Lions District Directory Collections: Mobilised the highest
as individual in 1992-93, highest as Zone Chairman 1994-95,
highest as Region Chairman 1995-96.
Mobilised Rs. 50 Lakhs for Lions Heart Foundation.
Mobilised Rs.60 Lakhs for Campaign Sight First, the highest by any District in India.
Donated generously to : Lion Academy for the Blind.
Lions District Central Office.
Sponsored many new members to Lionism.
Regular Donor to: Lion Edifice for Service Trust
Lions Blood Bank
Lions Eye Bank
District & Clubs Projects.
Receipient of International Presidents "Leadership Award" from the
Lions Clubs International 1992-93
1. State President:
Tamil Nadu Jewellers' Federation, Chennai.
2. Vice President:
The Madras Jewellers' and Diamond Merchants' Association, Chennai.
3. Honorary General Secretary:
Federation of Jewellers of Southern Region.
4. Hony. Secretary:
All India Sarafa Association, Delhi.
1. Member, Tamil Nadu State Hajj Committee.
2. Sales Tax Advisory Committee, Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
3. Government of India Approved Valuer: Jewellery, New Delhi.
4. Panel Member: Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
5. Former Member Tamil Nadu Wakf Board.
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE:
1. Chairman: National Chamber of Commerce Trust, Chennai.
2. Executive Committee Member: Hindustan Chamber of Commerce.
3. Vice President: National Chamber of Commerce, Chennai.
1. President : Madras Dyslexia Association
2. President : Dr. Sivanthi Volley Ball Club.
3. President : Muslim Charitable Society, Baitulmal, Chennai.
4. President : Usman Road Civic Exnora.
5. Former Chairman : YMCA, Royapettah, Chennai.
6. Treasurer : Harmony India, Chennai - an association for communal amity.
7. Treasurer : Murthuzavia Blood Bank.
8. Trustee : Elkay Higher Secondary School, Kayalpatnam, Tuticorin District.
9. Trustee : KMT Hospital, Kayalpatnam, Tuticorin Dist.
10. Managing Committee Member: The Madras Haj Service Society, Bombay.
11. Managing Committee Member: MEASI, The New College.
12. Vice President : Idga Masjid, Mandaveli, Chennai.
13. Committee Member : Masjid -e- Mamoor, Chennai.
14. Member : Forum for Democracy & Communal Amity.
15. Member : United Economic Forum
16. Founder Member : St. Mary's 68
1. Planting Trees and clean environment.
2. Propagation of Eye donation, Blood donation.
3. Peaceful and loving society.
Brevity In Diction, Vitality In Action|
Joined L.C. Marina Beach 1978
Dist. Chairman Campaign Sight First 1992-93
District Chairman Campaign Sight First 1993-94
Zone Chairman 1994-95
Region Chairman 1995-96
District Chairman Convention 1996-97
District Chirman Membership 1997-98
Tresurer: Lions Kanya Sharan
Trustee : Lions Eye Bank Foundation
Trustee : Lions Heart Foundation
Trustee : Lions Edifice for Service Trust
Trustee : Lions Blood Bank
Trustee : Lions Dist. 324 A1 Foundation
Trustee : Lions Foundation for the Blind.
ACCEPTABLE, ACCESSIBLE, HUMILITY, EQUALITY|
Certificate of Appreciation by the Lions International President 1994-95, 1996-97.
Permanent recognition on the Campaign Sight First Wall in the Lions Clubs Head Quarters, USA
Certificate of Appreciation by the President, Quest International, USA
INTEGRITY - TRANSPARENCY - COMPETENCY|