GB2WHO - Special Event Station
Kit List, and More Photos!
Yaesu FT-101ZD, HF Transceiver, with outboard speaker
KW Electronics Transmatch ATU
Zenith 286 Laptop (For Logging!)
Icom IC-706MkIIG All-Mode TX & Desk Mike
Yaesu FT-100 - All Mode Transceiver
IBM 755C Thinkpad (For Packet/UI-View & Logging)
Watson W-25AM PSU
2M - 15 element Beam, made by 2W1STE
2M - Watson 5/8 2m whip on magmount base, with ground-plane
HF - Inverted V-Dipole for 40m, and Vertical ant, also for 40m - made by John, GW3RBM
HF - Vertical whip antenna, Designed by Vic GW3RME and GW0VMR and constructed by GW3RBM/G6ZMD/GW4SDO
Software Used: Fastlog (3.0.4) - UI-View V2.36 (16-Bit) - WinPack V6.51 - paKet 6.1
To Make loading time quicker, I've thumbnailed the pictures below - to see the picture full size - just click on it! - All the Saturday photos thanks to Glyn MW0BNB and Dave GW4SDO
- Stephen 2W1STE makes a repair to a 259, while Mark 2W1MDH, demonstrates how not to power a rig - "No - look, if i put one finger on my FT-100 and the other in this mains socket down here - it lights up!" (if anyone can come up with a better caption, please mail it me!)
- Geoff GW0EMB In the driving seat, sometime during the early (quiet) part of Saturday
- 2W1MDH takes control of a runaway laptop.......
- John (RBM) - Checking the downleads
- Stephen and Geoff on the roof. The 80m Inverted V is next to them!
And Finally.......the one that makes it all worthwhile - Our Award - We worked 23 Museums over that Weekend
Back To "The Log" Back To Page One!