R1000 Upgrade - Step by Step Details
Tip - Before you start!
- Follow these instructions and you
can't go wrong!
- Unscrew/Pull off front control knobs.
- Unplug connectors - make a note of
- Remove screws securing main board.
- Locate the 3SK74's in turn (Q1, Q7 and
Q9), and desolder each leg, one at a time. Be sure to use
a hot (25W at least) soldering iron, with a good wetted
tip, melt existing solder and follow-through quickly with
the solder sucker. Use a pair of tweezers to release the
FET's legs from the hole/solder pad, and remove the FET.
- Re-fit the new FET (BF981) having
orientated it so the D (Drain) long-leg fits into the
correct PCB hole. It is an exact replacement so should
drop in nicely. Trim the excess length off the legs
before soldering in place.
- Refit the main board in the reverse
- Re-alignment should not be necessary.
Page | Send
Email to me now! | Alan who?