RE: [SI-LIST] : Combined single-ended/differential termination package?

From: Larry Miller ([email protected])
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 20:10:31 PST

---which brings up something that has been bothering me:

the LVDS standard goes with the single 100-ohm line-to-line resistor (which
is REQUIRED for DC biasing) but does not seem to provide any specific line
to ground termination. I know that LVDS was originally intended for cables,
but it is showing up in a lot of 2-3 Gb signals, including serial
backplanes.

It looks to me as though you end up with unterminated (to ground) wires in
the pairs.

What do you do with this?

Seriously.

Larry Miller