Re: [SI-LIST] : PCI length calculations

From: [email protected]
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 12:34:23 PST

        Hello Scott,

        Thankyou for your eply.

        Could you please desribe the possible resonance conditions that
occur on a PCI bus?
        You mentioned that short PCI busses that do not work over all
posssible conditions also exist.
        Could you please mention some of these conditions?

        For example, my mother board has two 64-bit PCI slots connected to
Intel's 21154.
        I find the following problems.

        1) When gigabit ethernet cards (from Netgear) are inserted in these
slots, FTP operations at temperatures below 8 degree centigrade
             causes the system to lock up. The system runs on Windows NT
server, service pack 6.0.
        2) Sometimes the system locks up after loading drivers for the
Netgear gigabit ethernet cards.

        I would like to know where to probe.

        Looking forward to your reply.

        Regards