Re: [SI-LIST] : Connection of different ground

From: Mike Hughes ([email protected])
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 10:59:38 PST

Kai,

Dr. Howard Johnson's column in EDN magazine covered this topic a few weeks back.
Sorry but I don't remember the exact issue. (you may be able to find it through
ednmag.com) Basically he was saying that you can split the ground planes for
analog and digital to keep digital noise out of the analog sections, but the
ground planes should be connected at the location of the ADC's and DAC's (and
the connector for your application). I have found that this works good in
practice, but I can't explain it as good, so the article is definitely worth
reading.

Mike

--
Mike Hughes