RE: [SI-LIST] : IBIS vs HSpice

From: Ken Wu ([email protected])
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 13:36:13 PST

Tony,
Thanks for the reply.
My understanding is that IBIS model uses the test-circuit(Vref, Cref and
Rref) to
derive the rising/falling waveforms and flight time of IO. SI tool vendors
then
apply the rising/falling waveforms (and probably flight time) to real load
to figure
out the IO delay(flight time). My question is how accurate it's going to be
since
the rising/falling waveforms are based on test-circuit instead of real load.
Also, what do you mean the real circuit delay should have the test-load
result substracted?
Can you be a little bit more detail on this?

Regards,
Ken