[SI-LIST] : IBIS vs HSpice

From: Ken Wu ([email protected])
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 10:59:46 PST

Talking about IBIS vs HSpice, I want to post one of my concerns: how
accurate it is using IBIS model to
do IO timing analysis? Typically in IBIS model the IO delay is provided with
test load while in really the
real load could be quite different from test load. With spice model, the IO
delay can be easily figured out
through spice simulation while with IBIS model, I don't know how accurate it
is when performing IO delay
analysis. Any thought on this?

Ken Z. Wu