RE: [SI-LIST] : Trace Length Question

From: ªL´Â·× ([email protected])
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 16:46:21 PST

Robert,

There are two ways for checking skew between clock and data.
The first one is to do simulation. This approach will count the layer
changes, via effects, as well as loading effects together for skew checking.
Usually, I use this way to check skew among clocks. The other is to let
layout tool to report length. By matching length, it is possible to minimize
the skew. I use this approach to check skew between data and clock.
However, The first one is superior than the second one.

I use Cadence's Allegro as the layout tool. At the beginning, I found it was
by no means to report length due to it's binary database nature. Finally, I
figure out that with its small utility "extract", I can obtain the length
report. I also wrote a VBA to check all length from drivers to receivers.
What I mean here is that you may also find some utilities provided by PADs
for length extraction.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

John Lin