RE: [SI-LIST] : 2 mil Core ?! Can I use it ?

From: Thomas Jackson ([email protected])
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 11:47:55 PST

Ahmed,

I don't know what a cost adder 2-mil cores have. The most important thing
is to find a PCB fabricator that has some experience with these thin
dielectrics, like Hadco for one. I have a special case. I only deal with
evaluation boards used to test VLSI devices. They are only produced in
small quantities, so they have different costs. Performance is more of an
issue than cost for these boards.

It wasn't that I was able to reduce the number of high frequency decoupling
caps. More important to me, the board produced over 2000 pF of capacitance
for both the analog and digital power domains at frequencies above those
where the discrete capacitors ceased to be capacitive.