RE: [SI-LIST] : SMA test connector PCB layout

From: Kai Keskinen ([email protected])
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 11:12:38 PST

Happy New Year SI People!

A number of companies (Radiall, Rosenberger) sell vertical surface mount SMA
connectors which we have used with blind vias to match to stripline with
very good results up to 5GHz (or 10Gbps). This is independent of board
thickness as long as you don't need more than the first and last routing
layers. I expect they would have very good matching to microstrip.

Kai Keskinen
Equipment and Network Interconnect
Nortel Subsystems and Performance Networks (NSPaN)
(613)-765-3506 (ESN 395)