RE: [SI-LIST] : A PCI signal ringback question

From: ªL´Â·× ([email protected])
Date: Mon Dec 25 2000 - 17:29:43 PST

Hi Su,
After looking at your waveform, I think it is better than the waveforms I
usually have while simulating PCI bus. The PCI signal allows to have 10 ns
flight time. Within the during of 10ns, the excessive overshoot ringback ,
undershoot ringback, or non-monotonic
waveform won't effect the functionary of a circuit. For a synchronous bus,
PCI clock won't sample the bad area of waveform. Your waveform shall be OK
under this criterion.

Best Regards,
John Lin
Senior SI Engineer, Server Team, ARD4