RE: [SI-LIST] : W-element in HSPICE

From: Ron Miller ([email protected])
Date: Thu Dec 21 2000 - 08:19:01 PST

Hi Michael

Point by point answers
> Ron,
>
> I've heard of the HP ADS tool many times but haven't used it.
> How efficient would it be for modeling a path with a cable,
> connectors, vias and other structures in the model?
        [Ron Miller]
        It will do the job efficiently once the models are installed, especially if
        there are no active components.

> What if you wanted to model several parallel paths with coupling between
> the connectors?
        [Ron Miller]
        ADS and MDS have models for this. For many parallel paths as in a multi-pin
        connector in multi rows, the Picosecond Modeling Suite is needed

> What kind of device models can HP ADS accept? Can it model BSIM3
> models or IBIS models for instance?
        [Ron Miller]
        It can use Behavioral/IBIS models, spice models, Measured S-Parameters
        and there are over a hundred transmission line models that only need tthe
        physical dimensions, and dielectric constant and dissipation factor.