RE: [SI-LIST] : ESD Smocks

From: Paul Taddonio ([email protected])
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 08:43:56 PST

I can see that. I suppose at some locations you have to wear a smock for
cleanliness... given that then a conductive smock is probably a good idea.
-Paul Taddonio

At 08:12 AM 12/20/00 -0800, Gaines, William wrote:
>But having an insulating layer will collect a charge! Especially a
multiple layer design with different materials inside (Clothing/Smock). The
insulated surface will have more area exposed to the circuit that the
(hopefully) grounded hands of the operator.