Re: [SI-LIST] : Capacitor dielectric type

From: Dennis Schmitz ([email protected])
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 12:51:32 PST

The problem was that it coupled to the signal ground plane, which wouldn't ordinarily be a problem except for that single-ended signals used for static stuff like board insert detection were picking it up as well, causing false triggers.

I'm convinced we have to detune the resonance to a lower frequency so that the ping is broader and of a lower amplitude. Pre-charging the planes of the boards being inserted (to eliminate the excitation event) also seems prudent, but I wouldn't want to rely on that for system integrity.

I was hoping for some solid research references to bear this out.