[SI-LIST] : Return planes for Gigabit differential signals

From: Alex March ([email protected])
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 06:04:55 PST

   Hello everybody,

   I would like to ask your opinion about the
following problem: I have a board with some high speed
SerDes at 2.125 Gbps (differential). Since there are
many lines like this, I would like to route some of
them between power planes (2.5V and 3.3V) or between a
GND and a power plane. This would save me some layers.
  Now I saw some application notes which recomend to
use only GND planes as reference for these lines, so I
don't know which is the best solution.

Many thanks,

Alex