Re: [SI-LIST] : tool compatibilities?

From: Kim Flint ([email protected])
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 23:57:15 PST

Hi Tadashi-

thank you for your advice!

I agree, I would very much like to see better support for OrCAD in the
various SI tools. (like ePlanner...) OrCAD has such a huge installed
base, they are crazy to ignore it. Twice now I've been part of
semiconductor companies where we had to do all of our boards in OrCAD
because all of our customers demanded reference designs in OrCAD format!
They also wanted PADs layouts, so we used PADs. In the past few years these
two packages have matured quite a bit, so that worked out ok. Now those
customers are demanding more and more SI support, but the lack of support
in SI tools for this OrCAD/PADs combo makes it frustrating. It is certainly
a big opportunity for the EDA companies....

kim