Re: [SI-LIST] : 100Base-TX board SI issues

From: e ([email protected])
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 20:29:00 PST

Derrick,

I suppose I don't have to cut up the board to do a NEXT setup. I could simply
remove the phy device (or transformer) and measure crosstalk from the RJ-45
connector to the phy (or to the transformer). Suppose this is the problem, how
can I minimize it's effect? I have a frame ground between the rx and tx traces,
so interaction can only come from the two endpoints (RJ-45 connector and
transformer in one span, and transformer and phy device in another). Also, the
layout is the same for all eight ports, so I wonder why the other ports don't
exhibit the same problem. I will continue to investigate.

By the way, the unused pairs are terminated with Bob Smith termination.

Thanks for the feedback.
Ellis