Re: [SI-LIST] : Ferrite Beads

From: Michael Nudelman ([email protected])
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 06:26:59 PST

Even if you have differential signals: they are coupled to planes and the
disruption in planes will generate the same effect of voltage drop across
ferrites, though lesser one. So, you either make the residual run very, very
short (same often is done when connecting couples to Hi-speed BGA chips, where
the plane is fragmented, but the run is so short, it does not generate whole lot
of reflections), plus try to modify the pair coupling type (diff. impedance
created by sheer traces' coupling, not by each one coupling to a plane) - this
way there's no disruption in the return current.

Matter'o'fact, you can try to make the pair very tightly coupled along the whole
run. This is even better.

Mike.