RE: [SI-LIST] : HFSS Question

From: Dan Swanson ([email protected])
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 09:08:52 PST

Dear Ozgur,

If you have three strips, version 5.5 or 5.6 should be
able to handle this. You need the new "modes-to-nodes"
capability for the geometry I think you want.

The software is very accurate. You should mesh at
25 GHz if that is your upper range. Solution time will
depend on how much detail (how many segments) you
include in the bondwire. Agilent HFSS has a macro for
bondwires that may get you close. Ansoft HFSS allows
you to sweep an arbitrary cross-section along an arbitrary
path. Ansoft HFSS does not have modes-to-nodes yet, coming
in version 8.0 (by December?).

Dan

Dan Swanson EMAIL: [email protected]
Bartley RF Systems, Inc. TEL: 978-834-4085
37 South Hunt Road FAX: 978-388-7077
Amesbury, MA 01913