[SI-LIST] : deCoupling caps and there placement

From: Kowal, Keith ([email protected])
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 15:10:54 PST

I just heard a school of thought that says place decoupling caps
physically as close as possible to GND pins....I have always keep the
lead length as short as possible to the VCC pin which decouples the
power pins. I understand that one should keep the ground lead as short
as possible also ... so if one has a trade off to make , which lead
should be longer and why...??? any thoughts

keith
DIGITAL NETWORKS