RE: [SI-LIST] : TDR Risetime (Was: Plane Splits Inspection)

From: Michael Khusid ([email protected])
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 08:52:53 PST

From what I've seen, most people use build-in TDR mathematical functions to
change the risetimes.
For Tektronix TDRs, it's called filtering, for HP TDRs, it's called "change
risetime".
TDR measures the waveforms at default 35psec, and then uses convolution to
display waveforms "at different risetimes". Mathematically, that would be
equivalent to FT of TDR waveform, then reducing of spectrum to match the
slower risetime, and then IFT.
There are multiple issues with implementation of convolution in TDRs, as
well as correctness of this approach in general.

Mike Khusid
Sitara Networks