RE: [SI-LIST] : Plane Splits Inspection

From: Zabinski, Patrick J. ([email protected])
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 08:34:20 PST

Mike,

Short answer: no.

A bit longer answer: The experiments I ran this summer relied on a simple
passive
board to characterize splits and common stitching cap theories. Much of
what we
found followed common theory, while much of what we found was surprising (at
least
to me).

We did consider placing the caps as you mention, but it would have been
difficult to
do in our test environment in that we want to basically "slide" the cap
along the split
to see how the cap location effected performance; much easier than trying to
slide
a via.....

Pat