RE: [SI-LIST] : DC isolation between CATV/HDTV equipment? XFM or Cap?

From: Jason Xiao ([email protected])
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 07:35:14 PST

"Others" meant other heandend equipment. They can be Hybrid Fibre
Coax/Copper
cable plant with chasis ground of other routers (their internal analog/RF
and digital grounds may be tied to it soemhow to dump their noises?).

-All these headend equipment (router/switches/cable-plant/distribution
network)
are connected by coax copper cables/HFC. Natually the grounds (common
chasis)
of all are connected together by the coax cable shielding.

Recently, our routers are required to provide DC isolation from other
heandend equipment
for safety (DC surge from environment -- neighbouring electronics etc)
and noise immune purpose...

Many thanks,
Jason