[SI-LIST] : Intel's Pentium III IBIS models for the PGA370 socket

From: Kim Helliwell ([email protected])
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 16:15:13 PST

Has anyone had any success in using these models? I mean the ones that are
available at:

http://developer.intel.com/design/PentiumIII/devtools/fcpga_2_01.zip

In particular, I am having trouble understanding the instructions
in the documentation for measuring the buffer delays for the AGTL buffer
model.

The instructions say: "Use the Fast/Slow/Si corner model with 50 ohm
on-die Rtt."

In the first place, there is no 50 ohm model supplied (they only supply
56, 62, 68, 72, and 110 ohm Rtt models); so apparently they expect one
to create the 50-ohm model oneself in order to make the buffer delay
measurement. This is very annoying, if it's really the intention.

In the second place, it's my understanding that the actual die does not
have an internal Rtt, so why are the models supplied as if they have an
on-die Rtt?

There are other questions, but I risk losing the audience here.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks in advance.

--
Kim Helliwell