RE: [SI-LIST] : Parallel single-ended traces routed to achieve 35 Ohm controlledimpedance

From: Ingraham, Andrew ([email protected])
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 14:24:18 PST

> Andy,
> Didn't you route your RAMBUS lines and SCSI lines on separate dedicated
> impedence matched layers?

That would definitely be how to do it (if I were doing it). Assuming of
course that it's an option. In some cases, you can't dedicate a whole layer
to one set of signals that only exist on a portion of your design, so you
must live with (say) 65 and 110 ohms (or 35 and 70 ohms) shoe-horned onto
the same layer geometries.

The point I was making is just that one often ends up with wide impedance
ranges to deal with on the same board. Different layer geometries is one
way to handle it.

Andy