RE: [SI-LIST] : Parallel single-ended traces routed to achieve 35 Ohm controlledimpedance

From: Ken Cantrell ([email protected])
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 08:18:06 PST

Sounds like the cart is before the horse. I would ask why 35 ohms in the
first place. Then if that is a valid requirement, you need to design your
stack up so that you will get 35 ohms across all layers of the board. If
other signals require a Zo of 70 ohms, and these particular traces require
35 ohms, it sounds like there was not enough upfront design going on during
layout. Going back to the drawing board may be the fastest way to resolve
your problem.