RE: [SI-LIST] : The correct way to short tow nodes in SPICE is?

From: Pierre-Luc Cantin ([email protected])
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 09:44:29 PDT

I suggest that you use 0Volt source to short nodes.
A 0 ohm resistor is likely to be orders of magnitude lower that
the average resistance value. This will lead to ill-condition conductance
matrix, truncation errors or greater simulation time.

Furthermore, a 0V source allows to probe current in a branch.

Pierre-Luc Cantin
Sr. ASIC Designer /
SI Team Leader

[email protected]
www.Hyperchip.com

phone (514) 931-5335 x217
fax. (514) 931-9923

H Y P E R C H I P
The Petabit Routing Company

COME MEET US AT:

Career and Information Open House, 180 Peel, Suite 333, Oct 26 (1-9pm) & Oct
27 (1-6pm)
OptiComm 2000, Dallas, Oct 24-25, Richard Norman, Panelist - Oct 25 -
11:10am-12:30pm
NGN, Washington, Oct 30-Nov 5, Booth 1010, Hyperchip Presentation, Oct 30 -
5:45pm, Room 4
SUPERnet, Santa Clara, Jan 14-17, Booth 914, Richard Norman, Panelist