RE: [SI-LIST] : 2.5Gbps across a backplane?

From: Todd Derego ([email protected])
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 08:16:20 PDT

I don't want to use FR4 but I'm kinda stuck with a backplane I didn't have
anything to do with and they would like to go faster without changing the
backplane. I'm not sure this will work but have to make sure it won't before
I go and design a new backplane. It already has broadside coupling in the
backplane. I can change the plug in cards as I need to and luckly I see a
lot of opportunity there, but I don't know it if will be enough or not.
Thanks!
Todd