Re: [SI-LIST] : Current flow limit for wire bonding

From: Doug Brooks ([email protected])
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 08:59:02 PDT

UltraCAD has published two papers that relate to this question. One
attempts to define an equation that relates current carrying capacity of a
wire and its related temperature rise to its cross sectional area, and the
other relates to fusing current. We have a freeware calculator that may
also be of help.

The articles are based on work that was done with copper traces, but gold
wire is probably similar, and the results are probably at least in the same
ball park.

You can find the articles and the calculator on our web site:
http://www.ultracad.com
Follow the links to the articles and the calculators.

Doug Brooks

.