[SI-LIST] : Adding ferrites...

From: Charles Grasso ([email protected])
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 11:52:52 PDT

Ken - I agree completely. Putting what amounts to a frequecy dependant
resistor is series with a transmission line is not ( and I will use your
words) not my idea of fun either.

Ferrites - and indeed filter caps - were used in the very early days
of EMC in ITE design to deliberately kill the clock edges. We didn't
need a whole lot of bandwidth in those days nor did were we concerned
very much with Signal Integrity. Products were pretty slow and forgving.
Not so nowadays!!