Re: [SI-LIST] : inductor

From: Michael Nudelman ([email protected])
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 08:24:48 PDT

An inductor as a terminator...khm...why not just terminate the line?

Plus, do not forget - the transmission line effects are Only for transition
process (front). Once it stops, and the line is not terminated - the current
doesn't flow (infinite resistance of receiver).
If the inductor is in series with the transm. line (I would imagine so, since
you want to slow down the front) here what happens:

The initial current flows into transmission line through the inductor (tr. line
is a resistor for the duration of the front). Then when the transition stops and
everything calms down, the current still flows in the inductor, creating a
overshoot. Potentially it can be bad enough overshoot to damage something.