Re: [SI-LIST] : FW: Spectraquest Vs. XTK/XNS

From: Brad Griffin ([email protected])
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 16:05:11 PDT

Hi John,

A quick response from Innoveda ... users are invited to chime in ...

"May, John" wrote:

> [...]

Behavioral models (IBIS) have always been supported by XTK.
Transistor level (SPICE) models are supported in the beta release of
XTK being used by several members of this list.

> > 2) Do either of the tools have trouble with differential inputs(high and
> > low inputs used with a differential receiver)?

Differential drivers, receivers, and bi-dirs are all supported. In
addition, ePlanner provides the ability to automatically extract a
differential pair from a netlist into the Scratchpad tool where you
can perform topology planning.

> > 3) Connector stitching: How easy is it to use these tools for going
> > through connectors to model paths that traverse multiple modules?

Multi-board analysis is easy to setup, flexible, and powerful. Each
board can come from any layout system. Batch analysis can be done on
the full system, limited to those signals the cross connector
boundaries, or performed on all the signals on a single PCB plus its
external I/O. In addition, the beta release I mentioned earlier
extends XTK's crosstalk analysis beyond crosstalk on the PCBs to
connectors and packages as well.

Please let me know if you require additional information.

Brad Griffin
Manager, High Speed Design Solutions
Innoveda, Inc.