Re: [SI-LIST] : ESR and Q factor

From: Robert Weber ([email protected])
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 19:18:18 PDT

Chris,

You can add high speed decoupling caps (100nf MLC) to filter out the high
frequency components, and you can even leave in a 1uf or 2uf MLC cap, as
long as you have a large cap with enough ESR to kill the Q of the filter
network. This job is easily done with a standard 10uf tantalum cap, although
a large value MLC with a small series resistance will do the same thing.

Bob W.