[SI-LIST] : Custom measurements in Specctraquest(Sigxp)

From: Aloke Bhattacharya ([email protected])
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 08:45:40 PDT

Hello all,
   For performing custom measurements for a source synchronous bus in
sigxp, I need to extract
the topologies of both the data line and the strobe line together in
sigxp. I don't see any option of extracting multiple xnets together in
sigxp. Currently I don't see any way of extracting the data and strobe
together other than editing the netlist in Specctraquest and adding some
very high value(say 1Meg ohm) resistor between the strobe and data. Is
there any other way of extracting the data and strobe together in sigxp?
As I am having more than 7 or 8 groups of source synchronous buses in
the design, editing the netlist for each of them is time consuming. I
know that for simulating both the xnets together I need to add a high
value resistor between them because sigxp will not simulate two
disconnected circuits as it uses a SPICE type simulator. But what I
would like to do is to add the high value resistor in Sigxp(after
topology extraction), and not in Specctraquest because adding the
resistor in sigxp is lot more easier.
Hence, my problem will be solved if any one of the following is
possible:
(i)Extract two xnets simultaneously in Sigxp
(ii)Extract two separate xnets in two separate sigxp windows and copy
one into the other
The second option is something normally available in a schematic editor,
but I am not sure whether it is available in the topology editor Sigxp.

Finally, I would like to know whether it is possible to perform custom
measurements directly in Specctraquest. In one of the source synchronous
buses the strobe is a differential pair and I cannot extract that in
sigxp because extraction of differential pair is not supported in sigxp.
Hence, I can not perform a cutom measurement for this bus unless it is
possible to do custom measurements directly in Specctraquest!!

Thanks and regards,
Aloke

* Aloke Bhattacharya,                                                *
* Senior Engineer-VLSI/System Design,
* Wipro Infotech,                                                    *
* Global R&D,                                                        *
* 88, M.G. Road, 5th Floor,                                          *
* S.B. Towers,                                                       *
* Bangalore- 560 001 ,                                               *
* INDIA                                                              *
* Tel : 91-80-5588422(Ext. 520)                                      *
* email: [email protected]