RE: [SI-LIST] : skin effect

From: Baikuan Wang ([email protected])
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 13:42:40 PDT

Sunil,

You are right. Both height and width are equal to contribute perimeter.

However, to reduce the resistance of strip line,
we try to increase the effective area, which is propotional to Perimeter,
and reduce the area of cross section relatively.

Therefore, the question is related to a classic question:
Square has the largest area, if all rectangles have same perimeter.

According to this, the larger the ratio of width/height is, the
larger the perimeter is.

Conclusion: Increase width is more effective than increasing height.

Regards.

Brian