RE: [SI-LIST] : skin effect

From: Baikuan Wang ([email protected])
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 10:19:57 PDT

Hi, Muhammad,

Skin effect means that most of the current flows along the surface of the
conductor.
In this way, the effecient area current goes through is more dependent on
the perimeter rather than the real
area (Height x Width). Therefore, inreasing width is more effecient that
increasing height in view of reducing
the resistance of traces.

Regards.

Brian